I’m nowhere near my goal yet, and I think it’s going to have to be revised – not in the nice direction! I’ve already learned a lot in the last week or so. Let me tell you about it.
- I need 5-10 minutes between switching off my alarm and getting up
- Having breakfast without having to stress about it is really nice
- Morning TV is rubbish
- Going to bed a bit earlier is essential
- It’s harder to get up the morning after exercising in the evening
- I’m talking sweat-breaking, muscle-aching exercise here, no light stuff
- Filter coffee is definitely my favourite coffee
Today my alarm was 5 minutes earlier than it has been before. It didn’t get me up any earlier, but I still had time to clear our driveway of snow before leaving for work. This did mean skipping breakfast though, but it gave me a taste of how nice it is to do some exercise to wake up. Trying to stay positive here. Shovelling, yay!!
Tomorrow will be hard as well. Tonight is Ashtanga-night, and that’s never an easy workout.